Knowledge is great. Competence is great. But the combination of both encourages people to trust you and increases your powers of enchantment. ~ Guy Kawasaki
You trade show booth is your space that you use for sharing knowledge and inspiring conversation. It is a channel for enchantment. It is the space where your brand image is broadcasted. It prompts people to form perceptions about your company and your products. It is reflected in the angles of your product; it is embedded in the curves of your booth architecture, it is pronounced in the stylistic images, the texture of floor that you walk on and the uniqueness of the furniture that you use. The exhibit design is a powerful display of your brand psychology.
Given the power it yields, it is only but natural to design an exhibit keeping in mind some of the few tenets.
1. Be different. You have to have a stance. Be a source of awe and wonder.
2. Coin your odyssey. What do you want to achieve? And why?
3. Develop your own distinctiveness. What’s unique about you?
4. Have an opinion. Stand for something. Don’t be afraid to alienate a few people. It will bring you closer to others. You will have a tribe.
5. Produce content. Give an incredible presentation that goes viral.
6. Become a storyteller. Stories are memorable.
8. Give away free content. Your influence will grow because we live in a hybrid economy
9. Hold a press conference. Allow people to tweet from your exhibit space.
10.Validate your unique proposition with case studies.
11.Promote testimonials. Let others build your reputation.
12.Don’t constantly sell. Teaching is a much better way to gain sales.
13.Exceed expectations. Surprise people by being insanely helpful.
14.Be curious. And keep learning. And share more. ...................source copy blogger
Above all, be transparent, conversational and generous. Be delightfully present in the "now". After all, this is your space to re-write your past and carve out your future.For savvy exhibitors check out the monthly design updates.